The appeal of reading varies for everyone, but for the book worms out there, it’s an integral part of everyday life and at the moment, something you are likely to have more time for. So with the help of goodreads.com, we’ve collated some categorised book lists and recommendations to keep you reading all summer long.
Whether you’re sunning yourself on the balcony with a book in hand, or reading on the sofa with a cup of tea, sometimes there’s no better place to be than lost in a story.
From all time classics to 2020’s top reads, there’s a variety of suggestions in the lists below. We hope you find something in here that piques your interest or reminds you how refreshing a good book can be.
10 books that everyone should read at least once:
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- The Giver by Lois Lowry
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
- The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank
- 1984 by George Orwell
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
- The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
- Life of Pi by Yann Martel
Looking for more ideas to keep you busy at home? Take a look at our Together at Home stories for more tips and suggested ways to spend your time.