How retirement living works
Downsizing is a big decision. With Audley you stay firmly in control, with complete freedom and independence to live the life you choose. You buy and own your own retirement home, in a beautiful and secure environment, and because it is your house, you don’t have to give up the things you love, including your pets. Plus, you have the added luxury of having your gardens and property maintained for you.
Each house, cottage or apartment in one of our retirement villages is sold with a lease of up to 250 years (length of lease varies by village). It is your home, held as your own asset – and, of course, you are free to sell at any stage, on the open market. So you are able to enjoy the benefits of a continued investment in a property of your own.
Your own lifestyle
At the heart of each retirement village is a centrepiece building containing the Audley Club, housing the facilities you’d normally expect to find in a country house hotel. You can dine out in the restaurant, relax with a book in the library or enjoy a dip in the swimming pool. There’s also a bar/bistro, beauty treatment rooms and a fitness room. And in some of our villages you’ll be able to take advantage of the tennis courts or croquet lawn.
These centrepiece buildings often comprise Tudor Halls, Georgian Mansions and Victorian Villas. We have become renowned for the sensitive development of important but neglected buildings and, as a result, have won a number of Conservation Awards.
In the monthly management fee
As a property owner in an Audley Village you will be able to take advantage of many services and benefits all included with this management fee. These include:
- Onsite Village Manager and Audley Care teams
- Firstline home carers and call line service 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Audley Club membership including access to onsite fitness studio and classes, sauna and relaxation area, as well as an owner’s lounge and library*
- Personal training and nutritional advice available at an additional cost
- Discount on treatments at our hairdressing salons, beauty salons and physiotherapists located in the main house where available
- Guests Suite usage at all Audley Villages at a reduced rate with breakfast included. Also available for friends and family wanting to visit**
- Private dining room available for special events, including personalised menu**
- Room service - Food & drink delivery to apartments
- Preferential rates in the restaurant
- An exclusive food & drink menu for owners in the restaurant and bistro
- Social events and activities, including weekly coffee mornings
- Buildings insurance
- External upkeep of your home
- External window cleaning
- Servicing of CCTV, emergency call system, intruder and smoke alarms
- Minibus service – including regular trips to local shops, attractions and theatres
- Night Porter and security service
- Favourable utility costs
- Professional garden and ground maintenance
- Access to landscaped grounds and outdoor activities
- Technology support, including a dedicated phone line service
- Financial support services
- Exclusive offers with retailers and local businesses
*Facilities vary per village, please speak to your Audley sales team to learn more about the Audley Club.
**Subject to availability. Advanced booking required.
Your own choices
Should you need a little extra support or a helping hand, we'll be more than happy to provide that for you as well. Our trusted Audley Care staff are here to help with as little or as much as you need.
We can pop in to do an hour of cleaning a day, or help with your personal care needs. If we can help with the ironing or collect your shopping, you only have to ask. However much, or little, you want doing is your choice – and you only pay for what you use.
Everything Audley is has evolved from listening to the wishes, needs and concerns of those who've lived in our retirement villages over the last ten years. So what you get is a community in harmony, where you are totally free to join in the activities and facilities on your doorstep, or just enjoy your home and your independence.