Exceptional Audley Care
Audley has a deep responsibility for the quality of individual lives and for people's basic rights as human beings. It's a responsibility we bear with great pride, and it's a privilege to do so.
We demand exceptional standards and, whilst it would be good to think that the sector as a whole applied the same meticulous scrutiny to levels of care that we do, we realise that some providers have, unfortunately, made headlines for falling below those standards. We cannot and would never speak for them. We can only speak about the private, personal services we offer and assure you that our standards are, without doubt, second to none.
- All our branches are regulated and inspected by the Care Quality Commission (CQC)
- We have to comply with the latest regulations which describe the essential quality and safety that people who use our services have the right to expect
- Our own robust quality assurance processes allow us to put what we do under the microscope, make an honest appraisal of how we're doing and measure our performance against national standards
- We also monitor our service through formal review meetings, the distribution of satisfaction surveys, and a close review of their results
- Spot checks observe our workers at work and regular contact with you and your family ensure you are happy with what we do for you
- All our homecare staff undergo a thorough DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check and receive regular training. Your carer is someone you’ll get to know and trust as a friend
- We try to recruit our workers from within the local community. This means that, like you, they feel at home with us and are more inclined to stay. These workers spend less time travelling so you get the maximum time from them, at the time they promise.