Please feel free to speak to any member of staff about any concerns at any time. You may also raise any concerns through the Owners Forum. Alternatively, or in addition, please write to the General Manager in the first instance. We will then handle it according to the following procedure:
- We will deal with written complaints in a speedy, responsive, accessible and user-friendly way.
- The General Manager will acknowledge a written complaint in writing within 24 hours, and provide an initial response in writing within 5 calendar days.
- If you tell the General Manager that you are not satisfied with our first response, we will escalate it to the Managing Director for Operations who will provide a further response in writing within 5 calendar days of receiving the complaint.
- If you tell the Managing Director for Operations that you are not satisfied with our response, we will escalate it to the Chief Executive Officer, who will provide our final decision in writing within 56 calendar days of first receiving the complaint, unless we have previously agreed a later deadline with you.
- If you advise us that you are not satisfied with our response at any stage you will not need to restate your case or explain your reasons, but may do so if you wish. Our escalation procedure simply ensures an independent review. Our Managing Director for Operations or Chief Executive Officer may also call or visit you to discuss the matter.
- We will cooperate in the same way with an intermediary acting on your behalf.
If you are not satisfied with our final decision, or we fail to provide it by the relevant deadline, you may refer your complaint to the Housing Ombudsman Service.
Housing Ombudsman Service
Harbour Exchange Square
Unresolved complaints regarding care provided by Audley are not dealt with by the Housing Ombudsman Service but should be referred instead to the Local Government & Social Care Ombudsman. Telephone: 0300 061 0614. Web: www.lgo.org.uk.
We will co-operate fully with the relevant Ombudsman during any investigation and comply fully with the resulting decision, which will be binding on us.