- 500g mash potatoes (Maris Pipers are a great all-rounder)
- 150g shredded blanched Brussel sprouts
- 50g chopped chestnuts
- Salt & pepper
- Seasoned flour to coat
- Olive oil for cooking
- Place the mashed potatoes, Brussel sprouts and the chopped chestnuts into a mixing bowl and mix together
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and mix once again
- Form the Bubble & Squeak mixture into patties, aim to create patties that are the same size as the palm of your hand
- Lightly dust the patties with the seasoned flour
- Place a non-stick pan on a medium heat and pour in a little olive oil
- Cook the patties on each side for around 2-3 minutes until crisp and brown
We caught up with Scott from The Orangery to get a first-hand look at how to make this classic Christmas recipe.
Find more Christmas recipes on Audley Stories along with some top tips to have a festive Christmas.