Ingredients for the dry mix
- 200g self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 150g caster sugar
- 75g dried cranberries (or either 75g dried blueberries or 150g fresh blueberries)
- A pinch of salt
Add all of the dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl and stir the ingredients together.
Ingredients for the wet mix
- 1 egg
- 100ml milk
- 80ml vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
Blend the wet ingredients together until smooth, using an electric whisk, a hand whisk or a kitchen aid.
- Add the blended dry ingredients to your mixing bowl and mix together quickly but very briefly, until blended.
- It is especially important with muffin mix the ingredients together only very briefly. 10-15 seconds should do it.
- Split the mix between 8 large muffin cups or 12 small muffin cups/cases.
- Sprinkle the top with a little demerara sugar and cinnamon powder
- For small muffins, bake in a pre-heated oven for 12-15 minutes at 185 degrees
- For large muffins, bake for 15-18 minutes at 185 degrees
If you have some ribbon and/or icing sugar then tie around the cases and lightly dust with icing sugar for that festive effect.
Read more recipes from Audley Villages chefs.