1. Send Christmas cards to ones you love
This year perhaps write a heartfelt letter inside, for that personal touch to show how much you care.
2. Pick up the phone and call someone for a chat
Your call could brighten their day (and yours) far more than you could know.
3. Arrange a virtual get-together
It could be a family quiz or even sitting down to dinner together. Set up the tablet, laptop or phone so you can all see each other. Even charades and online games work virtually.
4. Surprise someone with a delivery
Dried flowers and letterbox flowers are very popular this year. Remember to order early and choose your delivery day. Read our top stay-at-home gift ideas for 2020.
5. Book onto a virtual Christmas-themed event with a friend or family member
Why not try wreath-making or a festive-themed cocktail making event. Lots of events available to buy online are hosted by an expert and they post the essentials out to you ahead of the event.
6. Arrange with a friend to read the same book, or watch the same film or TV series
A shared interest is a great way to spark conversation over the phone, text or video call.
7. Ask for videos and photos of your grandchildren or mini relatives sent to your phone
It’s incredibly heart-warming to watch videos of children or pets doing the funniest things. And you can watch them at any time to make you smile.
Read more top tips for a smooth Christmas and festive season.