What better time to try baking something new?
These (almost!) healthy strawberry oatmeal bars filled with juicy strawberries and a buttery crumble are a delicious treat any time of day. Enjoy for breakfast with a fresh juice, as a treat with your afternoon coffee or as a dinner time dessert!
- 3 cups of sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon white whole wheat flour
- Strawberry jam (optional)
1. To make the crust & crumble, mix together the melted butter, white whole wheat flour, oats, honey, brown sugar, ground cinnamon and salt until just combined. The mixture should be a little crumbly.
2. Scoop out a cup of the mixture and set aside; that will be your crumble for the topping.
3. Add the remaining mixture to the dish. Spread the mixture evenly and using your fingers, press into the bottom of the dish.
4. To make the strawberry filling, toss the strawberries, lemon juice, vanilla extract and white whole wheat flour into a bowl and mix together.
5. Layer the strawberry mixture on top of the crust and spread evenly. For an extra sweet treat, add a thin layer of strawberry jam first.
Explore our range of savoury, sweet and delicious recipes on Audley Stories.