Follow Audley Stories for more recipes and inspiration.
Can you top the iconic Coronation Chicken recipe? A competition has been launched to crown the home chef to give the classic recipe an update and create The Chicken Jubilee dish, to celebrate the Platinum Jubilee.
Consisting of chicken, herbs, spices and mayonnaise, the regal dish has been popular for seventy years now, but Audley Villages are inviting the public to create their own version of the regal dish for 2022.
The top chefs at Audley Villages would like to hear how you’d update the dish for today and share your recipe and photos with them. The crowned winner will receive £250 and maybe even see their dish recreated at Audley Villages restaurants as we celebrate over the summer.
To get you started, Nigel Jones, Head Chef at Audley Redwood has shared their recipe, with some ideas on how to give the classic Coronation Chicken a Platinum Jubilee twist. Vegans and vegetarians are also welcome to join, as we’d love to see your meat-free alternatives!
The winner will be announced on the 31st July.
How do I enter?
All you have to do is make your modern version of Coronation Chicken (something that we’re calling Chicken Jubilee!) and share a great photo of the finished dish and a brief description of the recipe on social media by using the hashtag #ChickenJubilee2022, and tagging @AudleyVillages on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter.
Prize: £250 and the chance to have the recipe served in Audley Village restaurants.
25th May 2022 to 18th July 2022
Terms and conditions:
- Each participant can only submit 1 Chicken Jubilee recipe.
- The recipe must be based on either chicken or a meat-free substitute (a vegetable-only dish will also be acceptable). We ask entrants however to stick to the theme of Chicken Jubilee and not use beef, pork or fish.
- You will be paid £250 and receive a free Audley Villages cookbook.
- If you do not respond upon winning, the prize will be forfeited and given to another entrant.
- Applications open to UK residents aged 18 and over.
- Entrants must upload a picture of their dish on social media with the relevant hashtag, and tag an Audley social account.
- By submitting pictures for the competition, you are granting Audley Villages permission to use them on Audley Villages' own social media platforms and website.
- All applications must be submitted by 18th July 2022. Any entries made after this date will not be counted.
- The successful job applicant will be announced on 21st July 2022. There will be one winner.
Here's our recipe
To get you started.
Mayonnaise, mango chutney, mild curry powder, a touch of cinnamon, and some sultanas, all mixed together to coat the already cooked shredded chicken. Nigel suggests a hint of cinnamon or Worcester sauce can give it a little more kick.
A royal recipe in 3 simple steps. Your challenge is to add your own flair to improve the basic recipe.