Inglewood House

Built on land once owned by William the Conqueror, Audley Inglewood House is set in West Berkshire and is home to over 90 elegant one and two bedroom retirement flats and two bedroom retirement cottages, together with the impressive facilities of the Audley Club (health club, swimming pool, library, restaurant, home care service and bar/bistro).

At the time of the Domesday Survey, Kintbury included lands on both sides of the River Kennet. The southern side was held by William the Conqueror and Inglewood was one of its manors.

Passing through the hands of the Blandy, Walmesley, Shaw and Bevan families (where Blandy's Bistro gets it's name) – and turbulent times in English history – the estate was sold in 1828 to a Thomas Dunn for £26,000 and greatly extended.

In 1928 it became a training centre for young men entering the Catholic Order. Nearly 50 years later it was transformed into a luxury health hydro, and now part of this beautiful building holds an equally luxurious spa.