Northcote Place Local Area
Located in the village of Sunningdale in Berkshire, Audley has acquired a site in Sunningdale Park. Close to Ascot and Windsor Great Park, the luxury retirement village will be situated within 79 acres of countryside, with impressive views of the landscape.
The site’s history dates to the 18th Century when a mansion was built in 1785 as a private home. Following a few different owners, the site was purchased in 1931 by Sir Hugo Cunliffe-Owen who replaced the original mansion with the current Grade II listen neo-Georgian mansion. When he died, Sunningdale Park was sold to the Crown in 1947. From 1975 until its closure in March 2012, Sunningdale housed the National School of Government and is now occupied temporarily by the College of Policing. De Vere Venues currently manage the whole site under a PFI contract providing conference, meeting and events facilities.
The Audley village will provide a selection of luxury retirement properties with the former house being sympathetically restored to become the Audley Club. This will include a swimming pool, health club, restaurant and bar/bistro.
Northcote Place is surrounded by countryside and has easy access to the M25 with connections to the M3, M4 and M40.
Northcote Place is 40 minutes by train to Reading and 50 minutes to London. It is just 7 miles from Windsor and 10 miles from Heathrow Airport.