Is end of life care different to palliative care?
End of life care is often interchanged with the term palliative care, but end of life care extends beyond the practical management of symptoms.
This type of care consists of assisting people in their final months or years of their life and usually includes treatment. At some point many of us may require end of life care. For many, the gradual onset of frailty will be predictable and slow, for others more rapid and unexpected.
Many care companies may avoid taking on fast-track packages, due to the fact that time is usually extremely limited for the person who is due to be released from hospital. At Audley Care our teams are ready to take on most of the incoming inquiries, ensuring that more people get to spend their last precious days at home.
If you would like to find out more about palliative or end of life care we can provide, please contact our care team.
Palliative care | End-of-life care standards
At Audley Care we support the Royal College of Nursing’s guidance on Palliative care | End-of-life care and have adopted the following standards:
- We involve the customer in all decisions related to their care;
- We ensure the comfort of our customer at all times and review care plans regularly;
- We provide 24-hour support options and supply both our customers and their families with detailed information on the treatment plan;
- We comfort our customer and reassure them of our Carers commitment and qualifications to provide end of life care;
- We offer rehabilitative support wherever possible to extend life satisfaction for our customers and offer bereavement support to families facing a loss.
Rest assured, any carer involved will always treat you with dignity and respect.
Find the care branch nearest to you
Each Audley Care branch has a dedicated team of staff on-hand 24/7 to provide personalised, specialist home care within 15 miles around the following locations:
- Binswood, Royal Leamington Spa
- Chalfont Dene, Chalfont St Peter
- Clevedon, Ilkley
- Cooper’s Hill, Englefield Green
- Ellerslie, Malvern
- Inglewood, Kintbury
- Mote House, Bearsted
- Nightingale Place, London
- Redwood, Failand, Bristol
- St Elphin’s Park, Darley Dale
- St George’s Place, Edgbaston
- Stanbridge Earls, Romsey
- Willicombe Park, Royal Tunbridge Wells