9 cracking alternatives to Easter eggs
Easter eggs mean sugar-fuelled children and an abundance of recycling. That said, the novelty is also short lived, so why not consider an alternative this Easter that the grandchildren will love?
Days out enjoying your local scenery
Instead of giving a gift, why not take the grandchildren on a day out? There are some fantastic options out there that don't have to break the bank.
- National Trust children's nature trails
- Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park 'Children's Adventure Trail'
- Play Trail at Moors Valley country park and forest
- Many more in your local area - just take a look online!
While times have moved on and children are more likely to be found in front of a screen than a book, that doesn't mean they can't enjoy the wonder of a good fairytale. You can purchase e-book tokens from somewhere like Amazon, which can be spent on ebooks or audiobooks.
Other fun Easter themed gifts
- Fluffy bunny/chick slippers
- Easter sticker books
- Board games for the whole family to enjoy
- Ceramic egg painting kit