Residential care homes are designed for people who need help with everyday tasks and are unable or do not wish to maintain their current home. Whilst they may be suitable for those with very specialist needs, research has shown us that 99% of people do not want to live in a care home.
Some of the disadvantages of residential care homes can include:
- Independence – many miss simple everyday things like preparing their meals when they like.
- Accommodation – with just one room per resident, there’s limited storage and less freedom
- Lifestyle – You can’t choose your company and you may experience others’ discomfort.
- Quality - Standards of care will vary so it’s important to choose one you feel comfortable with.
- Finances – On average it costs £28,000 per year for a residential care home
An alternative option
Audley retirement villages are a new concept offering a different choice. At an Audley village you own your own home, in a beautiful and secure environment, and we maintain the property and gardens for you. Should you require extra help, Audley Care can provide as little or as much support as you need.
With a branch in each of our villages, Audley Care is one of the UK's most respected care providers. A leader in its field, Audley Care is recognised, registered and regularly audited by the Care Quality Commission (CQC). We don’t have a price list of pre-packaged care programmes, you only pay for the services you use. Everything is designed so that you stay firmly in control, with complete flexibility to live the life you choose the way you want.
Every village also has its own Audley Club, with facilities to rival any country house hotel, including a pool, beauty treatments, restaurant, bar and library.
Because you own your own property, with flexible care as and when you need it, you retain your highly-valued independence and your asset, whilst enjoying a luxury lifestyle.
To find out more about our villages or our properties please call us on 0800 093 8181.